Thursday, 12 September 2013

No Such Thing as Too Much Tea ....

The last thing I wanted to do after a hard gym workout was stand around on a blustery afternoon taking video and photos. But, how can I say no to this ....


I filmed footage for Meg's first vlog. You may have to be under 22 to know what a vlog is. It's the new blog, only moving.  She took all the footage, sprinkled some magic and knowhow over it and came up with her first fashion feature. It's only just over 30 seconds long but conveys the message she was looking for. If your curiosity is piqued you can see it on the PHAZElifestyle YouTube channel HERE. Put it on full screen and turn up the music. I love it, but then I'm biased :-)

We found a quiet lane to do the filming in a part of town I didn't even know existed. I've only lived here seven years, who knew?  On the way home we passed a tea room, The Victoria Tea Room and Ice Cream Parlour. Never girls to pass up a cuppa and a hunk of cake, we felt we deserved it.
Like stepping back in time. To a time when values mattered. Huge slices of home made cake, colourful cup cakes, hot, steaming tea served in antique teapots, cups and saucers carefully collected over the past two years by the owner, Christine.




A warm greeting, plenty of chat, if only we all lived closer, this would be an ideal spot for a blogger party!











Tea anyone?
Victoria Tea Room & Ice Cream Parlour on Urbanspoon


21 comments:

  1. Di,
    Wait!!! I have not gotten the whole blogging thing down yet!!! :-) It’s been awhile since I peeked in on Megs’ site, guess I will need to go over and find out just what this vlog is all about, lol. And besides Meg that cup cake looks really well dressed too. Guess I’ll leave the vlogging and style to the younger ones, but you can send me a couple dozen of those cup cakes :-) - gary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's had a re-vamp Gary. Gone all fashion and lifestyle. I love it! Pop over for a visit if you have the chance, give her some support!
      Much Love
      Di
      xxx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It was like having a cuppa in the 1950s Debra. Loved it.
      Di
      xxx

      Delete
  3. What a charming tea room! I'll have a slice of cake, ice cream and a cupcake :) Heading over to check out your footage...
    x Loi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coming right up, one lump or two dear?
      Xxxx

      Delete
  4. .....and I'm back! Very cool! Work that clutch bag, Meg!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Work it girl!
      I was actually saying that to her :-)
      Thanks for your support of my girl Loi
      Much love
      Di
      Xxxx

      Delete
  5. HERE I AM! I have my tea cup raised and ready for some Earl Grey! Oh Di, I am getting ready to leave for work, and I need to come back to see what a VLOG is! This is very cool and exciting, and those photos...holy cow, that CUPCAKE, THOSE MIRRORS! MEG!

    OK, I will be back later this evening. But this is thrilling because this is art and expression and who does it better than you and Meg? Hard pressed to say....LOVE! Anita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Earl Grey, oooooo!
      I'll be here when you get back. We will have a nice chat.
      Much Love
      Di
      Xxxx

      Delete
  6. Your teas look better than anything I've ever experienced. And Meg is so beautiful, her blog is exceptional, and her talent is obvious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Mitch my dear friend.
      xxxxx

      Delete
  7. Hi Diane..
    This is a really super post. I love your large images of the tea room,
    Amen to the tea. I love my tea, drink it in the morning, afternoon and sometimes before bed.
    The little tea room looks divine. How I wish we had tea rooms like that here in Portugal..
    What a great idea.. a blogging party.. i will go..
    I am popping over now to see what this vlog is all about..and leave a message for your daughter.. technology is whooosing away.. never heard of it before..cant wait to see.
    Happy weekend.. val x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Val,
      Portugal has, probably, it's own version of a tea room which I am sure offers plenty of charm.
      The term "vlog" is short for video blogging I believe. Kids these days will shorten any word they can I find probs :-)
      Di
      xxxx

      Delete
  8. Went to see meg on the vlog.. Its lovely.. she really is such a lovely pretty girl..and loved her clothes..
    Now i think i understand vlog. ! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking time out of your day Val. it means so much to us both.
      Much love
      Di
      xxxx

      Delete
  9. I had to stop in and comment on your beautiful post and the gorgeous chandelier photos. Nicely done. Love the lighted all over effect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I love that chandelier on your blog header. I just popped over and left a comment on your wonderful fall decor, that ceramic pumpkin is to die for :-)
      Di
      xxxx

      Delete
  10. I'm not a tea drinker, and although "devil's snot" would not be my alternative choice, this tea room, and especially the way you have photographed it, might entice me in for a cuppa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kettle is on ready for you.
      xxxx

      Delete
  11. Thanks for sharing.
    I like these pictures,they are so beautiful.

    Green

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!
I try to respond here so check back :-)